Sunday, November 12, 2006

Why I love jeans...

Courtesy of poster "RockandRollTime" on AuthenticForum...we thought this was a great little piece about why we are so addicted to our designer jeans! It's so true!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was sitting on the subway this morning, in my favorite pair of butter soft sevens, and I was thinking: I love jeans so much. I mean, they're amazing.

Here's my top 10 list of reasons why I love jeans so much:

1) Respect. You know what I mean. You're walking down the street in this amazing pair of jeans that you probably shouldn't really spend that much money on, but what the hell. And it happens. A woman walks by and she says to you, "Wow, what an amazing pair of jeans. Where'd you get them?" Totally. worth. the. money.

2) They make your legs look so much better. I'm always reading articles about how ridiculous denim couture has become, how it's totally overpriced and a ripoff. But it's not. The wash, the durability, the stitching, even down to the tags- it's all strict quality control. This isn't some sort of mass Old Navy runoff here, it's people actually taking the time to design and think out these jeans. There's a whole process, and in the end, your ass looks that much better for it.

3) When you get a new pair of jeans in the mail, or you buy it at the store, and it's all shiny. Not shiny per se, but there's that new jean never-been-worn-but-about-to-be look to it. And the tags are still on, and they're so beautiful, and the wash is still intact- amazing.

4) They are the perfect part of any outfit. I'm a student, so I pretty much live in jeans. But high end jeans have made denim an acceptable part of every wardrobe.

5) They are the perfect thing to obsess over- conveniently categorized into brands, sizes, washes, and fits- kind of like the fashionable equivalent of OCD.

6) They will never be out of fashion. Theoretically, a pair of jeans can last you a decade. Since the creation of jeans, I don't think there's ever been a period that lasted longer than a month in which jeans were unfashionable.

7) Inspiration. Have you ever bought that pair of jeans that are two sizes two small, and you hang them in your closet, and every day you look at them longingly while you wolf down your yogurt?

8) You can figure out a person by looking at their jeans. Ripped and faded? California girl. Dark and slim? East Coast all the way. Citizens? Too cool for school basics. Sevens? Trendy. True Religion? Flashy. (Okay, so maybe it's not entirely accurate, but I like to believe it is. After all, I'm never going to see this girl again, so I might as well judge her jeans).

9) Usually only attractive people will put this much thought and care into jeans. And attractive people are good for the environment, haven't you heard?

10) They make your ass look fantastic. I know this is kind of reiterating #2, but my ass deserves a whole separate listing on it's own.

No comments: